Shtip

Museum in Shtip

FYR Macedonia, East region
GPS: 41.736530, 22.189676

The Museum in Shtip is open to the decision of the National Board of the city of Stip in 1950. At first f the museum was located in Husa - Medin Pasha mosque and had ethnological character. Read more

In 1956, the museum was moved to the newly adapted building with an old architecture, known as the House of Arsovi.

In 1964, a permanent exhibition of modern Macedonian painting art gallery Bezisten was opened, which now represents a part of the Museum of the city of Shtip. In 1972, at the initiative of Kosta Balabanov, in 19th century church - Assumption of the Virgin Mary in Novo Selo a permanent exhibition of icons was opened.

E-Newsletter

Name:
Email: